In the Weekly Republican Address, Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) highlighted the Republican Plan for America’s Job Creators and says Washington needs to “focus our efforts toward growing the private sector, where jobs are created.” But even with President Obama’s economy “faltering” and “sluggish,” the White House isn’t focused on jobs. Read more below and watch the full address by Rep. Kinzinger here:
Republicans Are Listening to the American People & Have a Plan for “Jobs-Focused Governing”:
- In Ohio, Speaker Boehner said, “We need to reduce the regulatory burden and the regulatory uncertainty that's coming out of Washington” to help create new jobs.
The White House Isn’t Focused on Jobs:
- Instead of putting forward a serious job creation plan, President Obama referred to the latest disappointing jobs report as a “blip” …
- Jobless claims are up, the “double dip” in housing prices is “worse than expected,” and consumer confidence is falling – all part of President Obama’s economy.
Americans’ Disapproval Puts the Spotlight on President Obama’s Failed Economic Policies:
- The Obama Administration’s de facto energy moratorium has cost jobs and led to a 16 percent decrease in American energy production.
- A survey by McKinsey & Company says businesses planning for the onslaught of ObamaCare taxes, mandates, regulations, and penalties have two choices: stop offering health care for their employees, or eliminate full-time jobs and keep wages low. Read more.
As always, we appreciate your interest in the new House majority and encourage you to stay connected with the Office of the Speaker on Facebook and Twitter, and on Speaker.gov.
- Speaker Boehner’s Press Office